Register online to become a volunteer!
Cost to volunteer: $25 (NC sales tax included)Volunteer Registration
As a volunteer, you will receive the following:
- Official Tournament Golf Shirt
- Tournament Unisex Visor or Ball Cap
- Two (2) complimentary weekly grounds tickets, allowing grounds access all week for friends and family
- One (1) lunch voucher will be provided for each day worked
- One (1) round of golf at Tournament Host Course (Must work minimum of two (2) shifts)
- You must be at least 18 years of age by May 1, 2021 to volunteer unless Legal Guardian waiver is signed (Minimum age of 13 required to volunteer).
- Must be able to stand/walk for elongated periods of time.
- Hours Required: To qualify for the free round of golf, volunteers must complete a minimum of two (2) shifts.
Volunteer perks for working 2 shifts or more:
- One (1) Complimentary round of golf at River Run CC. May bring up to three (3) guests at $110/person. (For NON-River Run CC Members
- One (1) Complimentary Cart Fee and One (1) Complimentary Guest fee, additional guests shall pay the prevailing accompanied Guest Fee as applicable. (For River Run CC Members)
Symetra Tour Championship – Committee Descriptions
The following are brief descriptions of the volunteer committees available for the 2021 Symetra Classic. Specific openings are not guaranteed, but the tournament will make every effort to accommodate your preferences. Please take a moment to review the following requirements before making your final committee selection.
Cart Scorers follow a group of players in a cart for the entire round as an unofficial scorekeeper. During the round, they keep unofficial scores for each player in their group, and, after every hole, cart drivers send scores to Real-time Scoring via a two-way radio provided by the Tour. Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.
The Guest Starter announces players on the 1st or 10th tee, dispenses scorecards, and gives last minute information to players. Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.
Marshals assist with minimizing the potential distractions caused by fans attending the tournament. They also direct cart traffic in heavily congested areas or on blind approaches to a tee, fairway or green. Spotters act as “forecaddies” or “advance scouts” by assisting the professionals in locating wayward golf shots. Stationed near a fairway or a green, spotters watch each shot and help locate a ball in situations where the player may not have a clear view of the ball’s final resting position Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.
Scoring Tent volunteers verify each scorecard in the Scoring Tent after the player has completed their round. Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.
Special Event volunteers assist the tournament committee with the management of the various events held prior to tournament play. Events include the Pairings Party, Pro-Am, and Junior Clinic. Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.
Standard Bearers walk the course and carry a standard-bearer sign which includes the names and scores of the players in a specific group. They confirm each player’s score with the Cart Driver and update scores on the sign as play progresses for the entire round of 18 holes. Shifts last as long as it takes to complete the round of golf. Standard Bearers work in two-person teams with one person at a time carrying the standard (standards weigh approx. 10-15 pounds). Volunteers needed SUNDAY ONLY.
These volunteers greet and register other volunteers, provide general information, and assist with shuttling volunteers to/from their assigned area. Volunteers needed FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY.